Friday, July 6, 2007

Updates will be a little less frequent

I am going to switch from posting every day to taking the weekends off, but never fear, I will probably end up posting anyway because I have too many stories I want to get out there.

Have you ever had a bad experience with people over the phone (mostly technical support but any customer service really) well here is a list of things that irritate a lot of us Call Center Workers and can lead to you having a bad experience because the person your on the phone with hates you beyond compare.

1.) When we say 'How can I help you today' we don't want to hear 'I have a problem' or 'I have a question' unless you EXPLAIN WHAT THE PROBLEM AND/OR QUESTION IS AFTERWARDS! This one irritates the hell out of me and many of my other co-workers because we do not read minds, we do not have E.S.P and we have no clue what the hell you want by that statement.

2.) If you want to know what is wrong with your equipment, call us when you are with the equipment, not when you are at work on your lunch break, we cannot troubleshoot things without you being there to give us feedback on if it is working or not, if you call me I will tell you if your modem is online or not, thats it because thats all I can do without you at home, obviously your experience might differ on this one.

3.) Speaking of, if you only have half an hour to talk, or 15 minutes to talk or whatever, don't call, rather give us a call when you have a little while to actually go through these procedures, yes we have to go through all of them to nail down the problem and yes, it irritates us when you tell us 'I don't have time for this'. You are the ones who called us, not the other way around, call when you have the time, it will save a headache for all involved.

4.) If you are not technologically inclined, we understand I promise, but if you tell us you aren't and then proceed to doubt our answers and diagnosis then we want to strangle you with the phone cord, honestly people we know what we are talking about, listen to us once in a while.

These are just the ones I can think of, I am sure there are more so if you work in the field then feel free to email me with anything I might have missed or if you had a bad experience with someone from a technical support standpoint let me know too, I always want to hear from you all.

No comments: