Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wow, 4 days without posting......

I have been dealing with some stuff in my personal life so I have been too busy to post, it's been way to hot out as well to sit at this computer all day long, but I have one I will put up for now and I will be back to my regularly scheduled posting in a few days.

One thing that happens is customers wonder why their service was interrupted when they haven't paid their bill in a month or two. I can understand if you have problems with money and I can understand having to balance bills and needed services such as electricity and food versus luxuries such as cable and internet and we are willing to work with you if you are calm and not demanding about it.

Let me give you an example of someone I would do everything I could for versus someone I would just do the minimum of what I could do for.

A customer calls up, is two months behind on her bill, is calm and nice about it and explains her situation and asks politely if there is anything I could do for her, this kind of customer I would find something I could do or find out the person who would be able to help her and make sure that she gets in contact with that person.

The next customer calls up, finds out that she is interrupted because she is two months behind, immediately becomes irate and demands that I help her, doesn't explain her situation and makes it a tough call and a major headache for me. Now I am normally a very understanding person but when someone like this calls, even if I can do something for them I am not very inclined to do so, this is the kind of person who I will give the number of the collections department and be done with it, I know it sounds mean but if you want to be rude and demanding towards me I will barely help you, if at all.

I guess what I am trying to get across here is that the person on the other end of the phone is a human being, treat us how you would like to be treated if our situations were reversed, if you don't feel like helping someone who is yelling, being rude and demanding you do something for a mistake that they made then imagine how we feel and that we deal with that about 70-80% of the time we get calls.

No comments: